Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Winbind group membership not updating

I don't think you can work around this, I am fairly sure if you try
this against a windows server, you would get the same result, unless
the user logs out, they will still think they are members of the group
and will get access.

Rowland

...huh. Yes, of course. I was fixated on the *NIX side and didn't think how Windows behaves in this situation.

Well, I am happy to report that Samba behaves exactly like Windows in this regard. It still vexes me that I can't find a way to boot users off a share they shouldn't have access to anymore, but I guess that's less of a Samba problem and more of a problem best solved with a File Share Access Compliance Squad convincing people to log off once in a while...