Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Domain member server: user access

Hai Rowland,

> No, you haven't done anything wrong and yes the provision
> does set Domain Users to '100' in idmap.ldb.

Ow..
This i did not know, only wondering why its not BUILTIN\users ( how it is in windows ).
Do you know as of which version this is? Of as of start, i really never noticed this.

> Do not remove Domain Users, but you are correct, there is no
> way to modify a user or group with samba-tool (you can do
> this for a user with 4.7.0), but you can use ldbedit.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Ok, i did read somewhere that
Samba uses S-1-22-1 for users and S1-22-2 for groups.

wbinfo -G 100
S-1-5-21-3821322978-3959480180-962995944-513

wbinfo -G 10000
S-1-22-2-10000

S1-22-2-10000 Is the unix group with uid 10000
( with is also in my case "Domain Users" )
But how this maps again in samba, that i really dont know.

Arg, very confusion all..
Well, at least we now know this by design. Pfew..

Thanks for all the info guys.

Greetz,

Louis