Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:40:57 -0400
lingpanda101 via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not understanding the change to 'ntlm auth' parameter. It's says
default is now ntlmv2-only as a value.  So this takes the place of
'ntlm auth = no'(ie. ntlm auth = ntlmv2-only)? Using the value of
'yes' is OK(ie. ntlm auth = yes)?  Thanks.

If you read the smb.conf manpage you will find this:

ntlm auth = ntlmv2-only : can also be written as 'ntlm auth = no' : this is the default

ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted : can also be written as 'ntlm auth = yes'

ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only

ntlm auth = disabled

That is a much shortened version of what the manpage shows.

HTH

Rowland

Thanks.

How do I view the manpage without compiling and installing first?

James