Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba on solaris 11 can not longer join Windows AD domain

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 22:45:04 -0400
Gaeseric Vandal via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to move my Samba file server (Samba 4.4.14 on Solaris
11) from a classic domain  into an Active Directory domain.    The
active directory domain has one Win 2008 directory server / domain
controller, and one Win 2012 R2 DS.    E-mail, among other things,
depends on a Microsoft AD backend.

A few months ago I was able to join a test server to the AD
domain.    Today I tried joining a 2nd one, but without success.

testmachine1# net ads join -U Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Enter Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxx's password:

Failed to join domain: Failed to set machine spn: Time limit exceeded

Do you have sufficient permissions to create machine accounts?

I thought that I may  have not properly replicated the configuration,
so I tried it on the first test server, with the same error.

The event log on the AD DS shows

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Security-Kerberos