[Samba] Samba AD and Windows Deployment Services
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:40:09 -0400
- From: Philippe Clérié via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Samba AD and Windows Deployment Services
I've been trying to install the WDS role on a Windows 2012R2 server that is
a member of a Samba AD (Ubuntu Xenial 4.3.x). WDS refuses to run, throwing
two errors related to WDSIMGSVR.
1) Event 266: An error occurred while refreshing settings. Error
2) Event 258: An error occured while trying to initialize the Windows
Deployment Service image server. Error information: 0x3A.
I believe 258 is a consequence of 266.
While trying to debug and researching, I found a MS page that mentions a
"Remote Install" tab on the Properties dialog for the servers account in
AD. However, when I checked said account, there was no "Remote install" tab.
So, question: Is that a confirmed incompatibility between 2012R2 and Samba
AD? ( Shot in the dark: functionality levels differences?).
Or is this a just a local problem I need to troubleshoot?
At the moment, WDS is running as a standalone server. I am about to start
testing installs. I'd really like to use prestaged computers in AD so I am
hoping to get this issue resolved before testing is concluded.
Thanks in advance.
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the