Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Slow, Incorrect Group Resolution through Winbind

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Rowland Penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the 'DOMAIN' domain you can use several different backends (rid, ad
> etc) but I wouldn't use the tdb backend, how are you going to be sure
> you will get the same IDs on all Unix machines ?

That's exactly why I personally use rid for the DOMAIN domain.
However, you seemed to suggest that my post was incorrect because I
left the OP's desired backend (not my choice) in place during my
reply, which still, as far as I can tell, is not an incorrect
configuration via the info in the man page. If indeed my answer was
incorrect than the man page needs some updating.

Chris