Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Slow, Incorrect Group Resolution through Winbind

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Rowland Penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:18:59 -0400
> Sonic via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Should be more like:
>>          idmap config STUDENTS : range = 16777216-33554431
>>          idmap config STUDENTS : backend = tdb
>>
>> ...plus something like:
>>          idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
>>          idmap config * : backend = tdb
>> ... using a different range than configured for STUDENTS.
>>
>> Again "man smb.conf" is your friend.
>
> Obviously not, from the above ;-)
>
> I would expect something like:
>
>         idmap config * : backend = tdb
>         idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
>         idmap config STUDENTS : backend = rid
>         idmap config STUDENTS : range = 16777216-33554431

Are you stating that only one assignment of tdb can be defined? I use
the rid backend for the domains that are hosted on another server but
wasn't sure whether or not multiple tdb backend assignments were
allowed. Although I've never tried it, the man page does not appear to
state that tdb cannot be used for multiple backends. But I'm reading
the man page for 4.7.0rc5 which may be different.

Chris