Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fwd: Support for Samba

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 14:43 +0200, Harsh Kukreja via samba wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running the latest 4.6.7 Sernet samba packages on a Ubuntu 12.02 LTS
> servers with one PDC and 05 RODC's located at the branches. The sysvol
> replication is working fine from the PDC to the RODC's but the RODC's are
> failing to login the local clients when the link between the branch and the
> Main campus is offline. The branch computers and users are added into the
> Allowed Password Replication Group and I have manually replicated the user
> and computer into the RODC with the samba-tool rodc preload command but
> when I login into the WIN 7 client PC it fails to logon with an error "THE
> PARAMETER IS INCORRECT"

RODCs are not supported by Samba 4.6.  We are very sorry you had the
impression this was a functional feature.

There are numerous serious issues with both the RODC and DC side of
things.

Samba 4.7 addresses most of these issues and limitations, however
careful testing is required, and we hope to take on more work in this
area for a future release (likely 4.9).

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett