Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] File server questions

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:41:42 -0300
Flávio Silveira via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I understand now, one question though: if realm is
> AD.TECNOPON.COM.BR, does domain need to be AD?

No, you can use anything you like, provided it is one word, 15
characters or less, without punctuation.

> If I understand
> correctly, realm is "full domain with subdomain" and domain is the
> subdomain, yes?

No, the AD realm is the dns domain of the computer in uppercase, it
being a subdomain does not come into it. From your example above, the
dns domain would be: ad.tecnopon.com.br
The realm would be: AD.TECNOPON.COM.BR