Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting up Samba AD-DC on Debian Stretch made easy.

L.P.H. van Belle wrote on Mon Sep 11 11:06:56 UTC 2017:

> Hai,
>
> As im setting up a new test environment, i've documented my setups and
here you go..
> A easy to follow howto for a Debian Samba AD DC  ( tested on Debian
Stretch, but should works also on Jessie )

> You can find the files, here:
> https://github.com/thctlo/samba4  In the "howtos" folder are the files.

[snip]

Louis,

Many thanks for your helpful scripts and howto's.

In your howto: stretch-base-2-samba-minimal-ad.txt, I found the following
issues:

Lines 17 to 37:  smbclient is needed when testing later, so install it here
along with the other packages?

Line 252 to 259: The path to /etc/bind or /etc is missing in these sed
lines.

Line 287:  the variable SAMBA_NT_ADMIN is undefined when you use it here.
Presumably it should be set to "Administrator"  prior to this command?

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Roy