Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD-DC configuration backup

Hi Anantha,

Am 12.09.2017 um 04:11 schrieb Anantha Raghava via samba:
> However one small issue. We attempted to use "samba_backup" script to
> backup the configuration data. It works fine. However, when we set it as
> a cronjob, the cron triggers at the given time during the day, but the
> samba_backup script fails to execute. No logs either.

Does Cron knows the path to all utilities, such as tdbbackup, that are
used in the script? If not, add a $PATH variable at the beginning of
your crontab. For example:
PATH=/usr/local/samba/bin/:/usr/local/samba/sbin/:$PATH

Alternatively, run the script in debug mode to see what fails:
0 0 * * *   /bin/bash -x /path/to/samba_backup > /tmp/samba_backup.log 2>&1

Regards,
Marc