Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] File server questions

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:40:50 -0300
Flávio Silveira <fggs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My company domain is tecnopon.com.br but it is not hosted by me, it
> is hosted by a hosting company.
>
> After reading Active Directory Naming FAQ, if I understand what I
> have read, I can use ad.tecnopon.com.br and I won't need to change
> any DNS zone files as it will only be used internally. Am I correct?

Well, yes and no ;-)

When you provision your AD domain, you will get DNS records for
'ad.tecnopon.com.br' created in AD, you should get your domain members
to use the AD DC as their nameserver and set the DC to forward anything
else to your existing domains nameserver.

To put it it another way, create your AD domain as a subdomain of
'tecnopon.com.br', use the DC as the nameserver for the subdomain and
your domain for every thing else.

HTH