Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] retrieve machine password in current Samba?

-- >8 -- snip -- 8< --

> The recent secrets changes to store the krb5 hashes changed some things to
> use a IDL defined NDR packed structure.  I've not checked the details, but that
> might be what you are seeing.
>
> This is a very valid use case, we clearly do need a net sub-command to just
> print it.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Andrew,

Would there be a way for me to translate that back somehow?  I'm thinking that even if a new net command came out, I would be waiting for Debian to release Buster before I saw it show up on my stable machines.

Thanks!