Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Cleaning up old DC DNS records

Hi, I demoted a running domain controller by running the samba-tool demote
command on the running system to be demoted  and there's still some DNS
entries for the old one kicking around.  It's still listed under _msdcs and
also _kerberos._udp and _ldap._tcp.

Should I manually remove them?  If so, is there a list of spots to look in
for DNS entries of old DCs?

Also, does the fact that these entries weren't removed indicate I had
something misconfigured on the to-be-removed system or I screwed up the
demotion procedures?