Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Force password complexity on NT4 style domain (Samba 4.6.4)

Am 30.08.2017 um 16:38 schrieb Marco Gaiarin via samba:
Mandi! Boris S. via samba
   In chel di` si favelave...

is there a way to force password complexity on NT4 style domains?
the "samba-tool domain passwordsettings" seems to only work on DC mode,
right?
You can use 'password policies':

  pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 7776000

  pdbedit -P "min password length" -C 8
  pdbedit -P "password history" -C 5

  pdbedit -P "bad lockout attempt" -C 5
  pdbedit -P "lockout duration" -C 30
  pdbedit -P "reset count minutes" -C 5

Thank you. I found these settings already and changed them to my needs.
I will let check the complexity with a script ("check password script").

Boris