Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Shares not accessible when using FQDN




Hi, 


"CLUSTER" is because this server is related to a computing cluster, and is the master node of that cluster ;) No relation with Samba infrastructure, this is just a DNS/Netbios alias. 
To be honnest the reason why this server is also a DC is to solve a big issue appeared when migrating from 3 to 4. We had no other choice because of a couple of reasons, however it is planed to demote it in the near future howerver at this time it needs to work 


Ok thank you I will try by removing the winbind lines 


Regarding the share structure I know this is not a good setup at that time, now we are in the first step : Migrating from 3 to 4, second step will be better share structure. This is needed to reduce disruptions. We always operate like this until now and it was always successful. 
Why do you say homes are not working on a DC ? We have a couple of servers which are DC and fileserver at the same time (and provide homes shares) 


For now, the biggest issue is shares are not working when using a DNS alias because a couple of users have network drives or shortcuts which use them 


Thank you ! 



----- Mail original -----

De: "Rowland Penny via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 
À: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Envoyé: Mardi 29 Août 2017 12:39:11 
Objet : Re: [Samba] Shares not accessible when using FQDN 


Please see inline comments: 

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 11:47:17 +0200 (CEST) 
Gaetan SLONGO <gslongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: 

> Hi guys, 
> 
> 
> Thank you for your answer. Meanwhile I have new informations, the 
> problem also happen on a workstation in the domain. This should not 
> be a DNS issue. I validated that and I can authenticate and list 
> shares. Just cannot enter into them when i'm using the FQDN o_O 
> 
> 
> Note : It works well on Linux clients. 

You surprise me ;-) 

> 
> 
> Here is the Samba config file : 
> 
> 
> Thank you ! 
> 
> 
> 
> # Global parameters 
> [global] 
> netbios name = MOE 
> realm = ADS.DOMAIN.BE 
> workgroup = DOMAIN 
> netbios alias = CLUSTER 

'CLUSTER' ?? why ? you cannot use a Samba AD DC in a cluster, for one 
thing there is no need. 

> server role = active directory domain controller 
> kerberos method = secrets and keytab 
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes 
> winbind use default domain = false 
> winbind offline logon = false 

You should remove the above two lines, they do nothing on an AD DC 

> template shell = /bin/bash 
> template homedir = /home/%u 
> ntlm auth = yes 
> log level = 4 
> 
> [netlogon] 
> path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ads.DOMAIN.be/scripts 
> read only = Yes 
> browsable = no 
> 
> [sysvol] 
> path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol 
> read only = Yes 
> browsable = no 
> 
> [software] 
> comment = Installed productlines 
> path = /opt/DOMAIN/actran_product 
> read only = Yes 
> create mask = 0660 
> directory mask = 0770 
> guest ok = No 
> 
> [license] 
> comment = license 
> path = /opt/licenses/msctwo 
> read only = yes 
> guest ok = No 
> 
> [homes] 
> comment = Home Directories 
> browseable = no 
> read only = No 
> create mask = 0600 
> directory mask = 0700 
> guest ok = no 
> printable = no 
> veto files = 
> hide dot files = no 

OK several things here, put the [sysvol] & [netlogon] shares back to 
what they were when the smb.conf was created. [homes] doesn't work on 
a DC and you CANNOT use the old Samba3 ways of setting up shares on a 
DC, you MUST use Windows ACLs, see here: 

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs 

and here: 

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders 

Rowland 


Rowland 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the 
instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba 


-- 




www.it-optics.com 
	
Gaëtan SLONGO | Head of Infrastructure Department 
Boulevard Initialis, 28 - 7000 Mons, BELGIUM 
Company : 	+32 (0)65 84 23 85 
Direct : 	+32 (0)65 32 85 88 
Fax : 	+32 (0)65 84 66 76 
Skype ID : 	gslongo.pro 
GPG Key : 	gslongo-gpg_key.asc 
	

- Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail - 








-- 
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba