Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] recommanded way to restore objects from Deleted Objects

Hi everyone,

in samba 4.5 changelog, it says that samba AD now supports tombstone reanimation. I've been used to ldbrename and ldbmodify to reanimate objects to keep objectSID, but if it is now officially supported, it would be better to use the proper way.

Sysinternals tool adrestore [1] seems to be working properly (it does not restore most attributes, but this is expected since recycle bin is not yet supported. Replication after adrestor'ing an object is fine.

I did'nt found an equivalent with samba-tool. Is using adrestore windows command line a proper way to do it? Should we use ntdsutil authoritative restore? Is there a samba command line to do that?

Cheers,

Denis

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/adrestore
--