Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD DC and Fileserver

On Mon, 2017-08-28 at 21:01 -0300, Flávio Silveira via samba wrote:
> Good evening,
>
>    Sorry if this question is too dumb, but is it possible to
> configure
> an AD and Fileserver using the same Samba (or server) or they need to
> be
> two separate thing?

We suggest separating them, because having them on the same server
implies you only have one AD DC, and that isn't a good idea.

Additionally, folks often wish to upgrade the AD DC on a different
schedule to the file server.  I'm sure others will pile on with the
other various reasons, but this is the core of it.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett