[Samba] Question regarding permanent mounts
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:21:29 +0200
- From: Michael Löffler via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Question regarding permanent mounts
we set up a Samba AD with a dedicated fileserver in a heterogeneous
Windows/Linux environment and face a problem right now: we have a few
additional servers used by everyone for doing "heavy" computations.
There, we'd like to mount a folder for sharing between a special group
of users; so it should be mounted permanently. My questions are:
- How can we achieve this?
- Using cifs, is it possible to use a machine account for mounting and
mount the share when booting?
- Using nfs, is it possible to use the Samba Kerberos service?
- What's the "best" solution to achieve the goal ;-) ?
I'm looking forward to your suggestions. Regards
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the