Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset questions

Hi,

In reading this list I see a lot of talk about samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
actually breaking things. Given the above How do I properly configure
a 2nd AD DC or setup sysvol replication?

For instance If I were to follow https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
In the Built-in Groups GID Mappings section the last thing it says to do is
run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset. If I skip that step will the replication
still work?

On https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Bidirectional_Rsync/osync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround
they actually recommend running samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset every time osync
runs. If I skip the steps that say to reset the sysvol is that going to
cause problems?

If resetting the sysvol is required, how do I keep it from causing problems?

FWIW, I am testing self compiled 4.7.0 rc4 AD controllers and
samba-4.6.2-8.el7.x86_64 for the file servers.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address	 		me123@xxxxxxxxxx