Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting SePrintOperatorPrivilege

Den 26-08-2017 kl. 21:14 skrev Rowland:
Does this machine get its IP via DHCP ?
No, it's static IP
If not, you need a line like this:

10.10.1.18 printserver.domain.tld printserver
I have put in a line like this:
10.10.1.18 printserver.workgroup printserver
and remove the '127.0.0.1 printserver' line
Done
But I don't think this is really your problem, sometimes you
concentrate on the problem and miss the obvious thing :-(
True.
Changing the host file did not resolve the problem...
You are trying to setup a printserver on a standalone server using
tools meant for an NT4 style domain.

Is the windows machine you mentioned a member of an AD domain ?
No. We are trying to set up the server as a standalone printserver, and avoid domain settings. The server is intended as printserver on a school where they are implementing BYOD. The pupils computers are non-domain computers.

Kjetil