Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows pre-requisites for login with winbind?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:02:03 +0000
"A. James Lewis" <james@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have krb5-config krb5-user, but not libpam-krb5... I'm slightly
> fuzzy about how this works, but I thought the interaction with
> kerberos was implemented via winbind, so I wasn't expecting this
> package to be installed... certainly there is no dependency that has
> pulled it in.
>
> James

Well, it is what makes PAM use kerberos with winbind, this is the
winbind line from /etc/pam.d/common-auth with it installed:

auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so krb5_auth
krb5_ccache_type=FILE cached_login try_first_pass

And all the commands you have posted work for me.