Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows pre-requisites for login with winbind?

Hi!

Indeed!, this sounds like good advice... there are certainly bugs, I had to get the 7.04.5 package from "proposed" to get resolve a PAM library issue!... although I suppose that's a packaging problem.

What is the best way to get an updated Samba package here, I'm trying to make this system reproduceable, I have a single script that builds the entire container, and sets up an Xrdp terminal server with everything configured... Ideally I'd like to do it in a sustainable way!...

Perhaps migrating to 17.10 would be a good move at this point since 4.6.5 is available there, and ultimately my goal would be to have this built on 18.04 for some level of stability.... I'm sitting on 17.04 right now since the move to Gnome is not popular around here....

I guess I could install the 17.10 package on 17.04 for testing, watch this space... feedback to follow.

James

August 22, 2017 8:13 AM, "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hai
>
> Since your on ubuntu 17.04 (zesty) and samba 2:4.5.8+dfsg-0ubuntu0.17.04.5.
> Now i dont know if your able to upgrade you samba to 4.5.12 or at least 4.6.5.
>
> But I would really recommend trying to upgrade to a higher version.
> I suggest go through the changelogs, and see the winbind and kerberos related fixes so you
> understand why i say upgrade.
> I suspect you have hit one or more of these bugs.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people
built perfectly good brick walls long before they knew why cement works."