Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] DC Upgrade from 4.1.7 to 4.6.7

I did a similar DC upgrade from 4.1.13 to 4.6.6(like your option 1, upgrade on existing AD servers, I have two, first upgrade on none-FSMO).
 and I don't have any issues with the DC upgrade itself.
But be careful with your member servers. After the upgrade, I have to change some default values on file servers: 1. samba 3.5.10 member server(rpm from CentOS 6.2) lost connection to samba 4.6.6 AD,
I have to add the following to fix the default values:
 client NTLMv2 auth = yes
 ntlm auth = No
 client ldap sasl wrapping = sign
  winbind use default domain = yes
2. samba 3.6.23 member server(rpm from CentOS 6.8) and samba 4.6.6 need this change:
   winbind use default domain = yes
3. My TeraStation NAS storage server lost connection to samba 4.6.6 AD, I have to move it to a Samba 4.6.6 member server, and get rid of the TeraStation NAS storage server, too much headache with TeraStation. Setting up a samba 4.6.6 member server is easier.
 and you can control everything on the member server.
4. squid-cache proxy server cannot ldap to the new AD, I have to change it to ldaps(of cause some changes in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf).

My AD environment may be different from yours. I don't use and configure anything else on the DC(pretty standard from samba doc) , but you have printer server on it. It's better to test it, also test your Synology NAS servers with the new DC, but how? you may have support from Synology?

Allen

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:52:01 +0400