Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] idmap backends and home directories

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:43:00 +0200
Andreas Hauffe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:56:50 +0200
Andreas Hauffe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

is there any idmap backend, beside idmap_ad, where the home
directory is taken from the backend and not from the template
homedir option?

Regards,
Andreas

Not that I am aware off, what have you got against 'idmap_ad' ?

Rowland

Nothing at all. I would like to use ist and I used it over the last
years. But now I have to connect linux clients to a AD without
RFC2307 attributes. And I try to find a way to get it work like
before.

Andreas

I think you will have to use the winbind 'rid' backend and the template
lines.

Rowland

I thought about that. But we have a NFS fileserver for the homes.So I need global UIDs/GIDs.

Andreas