Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows pre-requisites for login with winbind?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 13:14:16 +0000
"A. James Lewis" <james@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm slightly confused, you appear to have trimmed down the config,
> but not changed anything.... would you think this would affect the
> issue where long standing users are able to log in, but new users are
> not... even after a couple of weeks they are not able to log in via
> "winbind", although they can authenticate via Kerberos, and obviously
> log in to Windows desktops.
>
> James

Yes I trimmed you /etc/krb5.conf down to all that is required, I also
removed all the unnecessary lines from your smb.conf, but I also
altered two lines and added two others.

Your set up was putting everything into the '*' domain and nothing into
the 'DOMAIN' domain. You were also using the 'rid' backend for the '*'
domain and you MUST use 'tdb' for this.