Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Move a samba file server new hardware

Hi,

is it possible to move a samba file server to other hardware with the same software configuration just by copying some samba files (like krb5.keytab, secrets.tdb and some other *.tdb) and start samba on the new server, e.g. without new joining the domain and getting new kerberos credentials? We need this for a cold failover. So we don't have to restart linux kerberized NFS clients, due to the new credentials of the file server.

Regards,
Andreas