From: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya via samba
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:06 PM
To: Rowland Penny; samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] FW: Samba access problem after upgrading the host OS

Hi,

I didn't updated my samba version on this server. I was using the same old version pware.samba-3.0.28.rte.  Nothing was changed from the samba side.

-bash-4.2$ cat /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf [global]
        workgroup = ICCAN
        server string = XXXX
        encrypt passwords = No
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 2
        max log size = 2000
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        domain logons = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = XXXX, XXXX
        hosts allow = XXXX.,

[dms]
        comment = DMS
        path = /apps/dms
        read only = no
        force user = nfoprint
        force group = dms
        force create mode = 0770
        force directory mode = 2770
        inherit permissions = yes
        guest ok = no
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @dms
        hide special files = yes
        printable = no

[dms2]
        comment = DMSv2
        path = /apps/dms2
        read only = no
        force user = nfopr2
        force group = dms2
        force create mode = 0770
        force directory mode = 2770
        inherit permissions = yes
        guest ok = no
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @dms2
        hide special files = yes
        printable = no

[music]
        comment = MUSIC
        path = /apps/music
        read only = no
        force group = music
        force create mode = 0760
        force directory mode = 2770
        inherit permissions = yes
        guest ok = no
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @music
        hide special files = yes
        printable = no

[musicqa]
        comment = MUSICQA
        path = /apps/music_qa
        read only = no
        force group = musicqa
        force create mode = 0760
        force directory mode = 2770
        inherit permissions = yes
        guest ok = no
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @musicqa
        hide special files = yes
        printable = no

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /usr/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[tmp]
        comment = Temporary file space
        path = /tmp
        read only = No

I'm working on upgrade the samba to 4.5.7 on my test server, if that is working then I will try to integrate it with AD.

Regards,
Krishna