Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:28:08 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I HATE these auto send keys.. Did i tell that already..
> ( see below )

I would suggest that the OP tries this smb.conf:

[global]
    netbios name = storiq-111
    server string = %h server (Samba, Debian)
    security = ADS
    workgroup = TEST
    realm = AD.TEST.COM

    winbind refresh tickets = yes
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind cache time = 7200
    winbind offline logon = yes

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
    idmap config TEST:backend = rid
    idmap config TEST:range = 10000-50000000

    template shell = /bin/bash
    template homedir = /mnt/raid/%u

    log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log
    max log size = 50

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = yes
    store dos attributes = yes

[test_tr]
    # Set ACLs from Windows
    comment = Utilisateurs de test_tr
    path = /mnt/raid/test_tr
    read only = no

It doesn't have any default settings or any settings that might slow
things down (I also do not understand the reason behind having smb.conf
in three sections.)