Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Share access problem

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:36:57 -0400
Sébastien Boulianne via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland and everyone,
>
> Thanks a lot of for your answer!
> I really appreciate it!
>
> I modified all my config with your suggests BUT it still don't work.
>
> I can ONLY list my local users with getent passwd, getent group...
> Why ? https://pastebin.com/22DAQqc6

WRONG:
        idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
        idmap config domain : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config domain : backend = rid
        idmap config * : backend = tdb

RIGHT:
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config domain : backend = rid
        idmap config domain : range = 10000-20000

REMOVE THIS:

        idmap gid = 10000-20000

Why do you insist on adding this line, it is deprecated by the 'idmap
config' lines

But that might not be your problem. Are you saying that 'getent passwd'
only shows your local users ? If so, then this is by design, have you
tried 'getent passwd ausername' ?