Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

Le Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:55:03 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> If you are going to upgrade, you might as well go for the highest
> version you can, this will probably mean using Louis's packages.
>
> Samba is a rapidly changing program, a new minor version is released
> every 6 months (approx) and the changes are significant.
>
> 4.7.0 is due out at in September and there are going to be a lot of
> improvements in it.

I've upgraded to 4.5.12 : absolutely no difference. smbd consumes 100%
of CPU when writing or reading a paltry 100 MB/s. I'll try 4.6.x but
I'm desperate. I'll probably need to replace the server altogether (and
it's a PITA because it's 600 km away).