Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba AD External Authentication to OpenDJ

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 16:44:14 +0800 (SGT)
Wong Kee Wee via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >This still will not work, just port your users etc to AD and use
> >this instead.
> >
> >Do you use OpenDJ for anything other than authentication ?
> >If so, what ?
> >
> >Rowland
>
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thank you very much for the response.
>
> The OpenDJ is for user authentication and also user profile.
>
> Understand that Samba AD is unable to delegate authentication to an
> external source. We'll see how we can proceed with this info.

Then you do not need OpenDJ, which, from my cursory investigation,
doesn't seem to get patched between versions (unless you pay for it).

A Samba 4 AD will do everything that OpenDJ seems to do (and probably
more). It will definitely do what you are doing now and is updated
regularly for free.