Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba AD External Authentication to OpenDJ

Hi everyone,

Currently we have an existing OpenDJ LDAP Server containing our user population.

We are looking to implement Samba AD to leverage on the GPO to managed the end users' workstations and file share centrally. We are exploring if it is possible to delegate the user authentication to the external OpenDJ so that we will only need to manage one set of password for the users.

I have tried Googling for more information on this integration but the best info I can find is this thread back in 2015, where the developer stated that it wasn't possible then.
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-March/189733.html

Are there any possiblity to authentication with an external source currently or is it still a pipe dream?

Thank you!
--
Best regards,
_Wong_ Kee Wee