Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] getent group adgroup not showing members

I'm bringing up a AD domain member server on RHEL 7.4 which provides
packages with samba 4.6.2.  I've joined the domain and cannot seem to get
this command to provide a list of group members:

getent group adgroupname
what comes back is just

On another machine running RHEL 6.8, the same getent returns a full listing:

id username
does return a nice listing of all the groups a particular user is a member

Any clues on what I might be missing here?

passwd:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

smb.conf :
   security = ADS
   workgroup = SAMDOM
   realm = SAMDOM.X.Y
   server string = Samba Server Version %v
   netbios name = ads-name

   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

   idmap config * : backend   = tdb
   idmap config * : range     = 3000-7999

   idmap config SAMDOM : backend   = rid
   idmap config SAMDOM : range     = 10000-10000000
   idmap config SAMDOM : base_rid  = 0

   client signing = required
   server signing = auto
   client ipc signing = required