Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

Le Thu, 10 Aug 2017 18:46:12 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> 4.2.x is EOL as far as Samba is concerned, there have been a lot of
> changes since 4.2.* came out.
>
> Can I suggest you go here: http://apt.van-belle.nl/
>
> You can get a much more recent version there, 4.6.7

OK I'll try it, but that doesn't really explain why it's so slow, while
it's completely OK on other similar or slower  machines... Actually
it's the first time ever, with any Samba version (including 3.6.x) that
I have such a bad performance on a 10GigE equipped system. I even
usually got better performance with bonded Gb interfaces 8 or 9 years
ago...