Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] member server idmap config (auto)rid

On 09/08/2017 12:19 PM, mathias dufresne via samba wrote:
Now regarding smb.conf:

First I expect your workgroup is not correct. For me, workgroup is first
part(s) of full domain name. So I would try with AD.GIBB rather than on

Yes it is unusual but it is correct. The tree is AD.GIBB.CO.ZA but the short name is GIBB. It is a working windows ad system. The windows guys set it up like that (I know some but I'm not a windows guy)