Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

On 8/8/2017 3:07 PM, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:
Hi,
With testparm, I got this warning: "'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership."

I searched on Google but I haven't found a right clue.
Which winbind separator should I use ?

Thanks.

Sébastien

From the smb.conf man page.

 winbind separator (G)

This parameter allows an admin to define the character used when listing a username of the form of DOMAIN \user. This parameter is only applicable when using the pam_winbind.so and
           nss_winbind.so modules for UNIX services.

Please note that setting this parameter to + causes problems with group membership at least on glibc systems, as the character + is used as a special character for NIS in
           /etc/group.

           Default: winbind separator = \

           Example: winbind separator = +

James