Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Printing with smbspool_krb5_wrapper not working in Ubuntu 16.04

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:38:23 +0200
Van Svensson via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I should have mentioned this earlier, but the users does not exist
> in /etc/passwd, instead they are in LDAP and when they log in to the
> computer they get some Kerberos tickets for the domain and the file
> system. When printing on 14.04 they get another Kerberos ticket for
> the printing system according to "klist" after they have done "lpr"
> and printed a document. On 16.04 nothing is printed and the user gets
> no Kerberos ticket for the printing system and the job is left in
> "lpq".

Are your main users running Windows ?
Are they members of an AD domain ?

If the answers to the questions are both 'yes', then you might want to
have a read here:

and here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server