Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Not enough storage space error

Hello Andrew,

From the day one, we set the log level to 3. Log size is really huge. However, I did not see some thing very interesting and related to this error. It is all to do with user login, information, etc. Should I have to increase the log level to get more info?

One thing we noticed. When we restart the samba-ad-dc service, it allows us to add new users, add new computers to domain, and even move the user from one OU to another. However, from last two days, at around evening (around 4:45 PM), samba all of a sudden cuts off all users from domain and even fails to list the domain controllers in RSAT. If we restart samba-ad-dc, it starts working properly.

Now we need to see, what is that event that is causing this cut off all of a sudden? Is it a shear coincidence? Or is it something to do with the large number of PCs are now getting added from different places? Incidentally, we use the same domain admin account (limited administrator) to add PCs to domain. Is this causing some problem?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava