Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Not enough storage space error

On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 21:09 +0530, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Samba AD DC (Version 4.6.5) on CentOS 7.3. We have two
> servers with BIND9 DNS and all are working just fine.
>
> Today, when we attempted to move couple of users from one OU to
> another,
> Windows RSAT reported /*"Windows cannot move object. Ther*//*e
> *//*is
> not enough storage space*//*"*/.

I wouldn't take the error string literally.  There are too many layers
of mapping going on.  LDAP does not contain such an error, so think of
it as a bad translation.

> Our servers have 300 GB Storage more
> that 270GB is free on the storage. At the moment we have added about
> 1000 users and about 450 computers into domain. Overall, we will add
> about 7500 users and equal no of computers to domain. I also noticed
> that RSAT lost the connection to domain all of a sudden. However,
> when I
> restarted the samba-ad-dc service, it reconnected. I am able to add
> new
> computers and new users into domain. But moving the user from one OU
> another is throwing above error.
>
> I believe the DB is a 32 bit one and should support upto 4 GB. When
> checked in /usr/local/samba/private folder the size of smb.ldb file
> is
> about 4.1 MB and rest of the ldb and tdb files are around 1 MB in
> size.
>
> Now, how do I correctly check the current DB size? Is the above error
> strange behaviour? How do we fix the above error?

Turn up the logging on the AD DC and see what the real error and error
string is.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--