Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Bulk add users and rfc2307 attributes questions

Hi,

I am currently testing a self compiled 4.7.0rc3 AD DC and a samba member server
acting as a file server. I have them configured to use rfc2307 attributes
so that the samba users can access the shares on the member server. Everything
seems to be working as expected.

The problem I am facing is I need to add about 150 users. Once the initial
load of users is added I want to use the rsat tools to manage the users and
shares.

I found an article @ https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Adding_users_with_samba_tool that says to add users using samba-tool. I think I want to write a script that
does something like the following substituting variables where appropriate:

# samba-tool user create --nis-domain SAMDOM --uid-number 10007 \
--gid-number 10000 --login-shell=/sbin/nologin --unix-home \
/home/samba/users/test_user3 --home-drive H: --home-directory \
'\\fs1\users\test_user3' test_user3

Testing shows that if I use samba-tool to add users, when I switch back
to using ADUC to manage users the default UID in the Unix attributes tab
of ADUC does not show the correct uid to use to configure the next user. It would
appear that if I set the correct uid in the unix attributes tab when I configure
a user in ADUC, that it would then move on from there with the correct uid.

So my questions are:

1. Are my assumptions above correct?

2. Is there a better way to do this? This just seems kludgy to me.

3. Is there an automatic way to have samba-tool assign the correct rfc-2307 uid?

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address	 		me123@xxxxxxxxxx