Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Access to SACL denied.

  Me again, having some permission errors. File server is samba 4.4.4 on
IllumOS using zfs ACLs. As a dimain admin we can see the security settings
on a file but not modify them. Err on clent is access denied and I think on
the server side it comes from this is source3/nttrans.c

 if ((security_info_wanted & SECINFO_SACL) &&
                        !(fsp->access_mask & SEC_FLAG_SYSTEM_SECURITY)) {
                DEBUG(10, ("Access to SACL denied.\n"));
                return NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED;

Anyone have any idea what this could be caused by? Do I have to set admin
users on the share to "Domain Admins"?

Greg Dickie
just a guy