Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Static IP to MAC in samba 4 ADDC

Hi,

we are a small company with about 20 workstations and several other devices that need internet access. We are still on PDC mode as we are afraid that our IP:MAC mapping will get lost after switching to samba 4.

At present we use ISC DHCPD (+bind 9 for DNS) to make this mapping. We have a 10.0.x.y/16 net where the clients are mapped to special 10.0.x nets that use different filtering, eg. 10.0.254 is for guests (get 8.8.8.8 as DNS instead internal bind as trafic to internal net is filtered).

Is it possible to keep such setup when in ADDC mode?

Any best practise advise for such situation?

Any advise what I want to read?

TIA

--
BR