Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Made a join with a netbios name, which already existed, now replication errors

On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 17:26 +0200, gizmo via samba wrote:
> How can I correct that ? I tried to demote samba4 (which knows the system as samba3). But this didnt work, there was an error like "out of index".
> samba1 and samba2 work correct as far as I can see - can the system become instable ?

When you joined samba4 named as samba3, you removed the account for
samba3.  So the server that thought of itself as samba3 can't operate
any more, essentially it has been force-demoted.

I guess you need to remove them both and start again from samba1 and
samba2.

Take care, and take good backups!

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett