Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [SOLVED] Can't join Win10 to Samba 3.6,23

Am 28.07.2017 um 09:36 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Maybe is good to add the slow network fix also on the wiki page (above)
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
> "SlowLinkDetectEnabled"=dword:00000000
> "WaitForNetwork"=dword:00000000
>
> Samba 4 AD DC setup's are also adviced to to set this through GPO.

I read this the first time. In the past I only set this when I had
problems with roaming profiles over WAN connections.

I think this is not something we should recommend to set in general. I
mean it's not the default on Windows and seem only to be necessary in
some cases. If this is required for Samba, we may have a bug.

Does anyone run an NT4 domain using a recent Samba version (4.5 or
later) on the PDC and can confirm that without these settings Win10
clients can't log on?

Regards,
Marc