Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Can't join Win10 to Samba 3.6,23

Hi,

I usually apply the following .reg file before joining windows 7/8.1/10 systems to a samba 3.6.x NT-style domain:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"SlowLinkDetectEnabled"=dword:00000000
"WaitForNetwork"=dword:00000000

Maybe that helps. I figured out many years ago, so don't ask me for the reason of each of the settings: I can't remember.

regards,
Norbert