Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Can't join Win10 to Samba 3.6,23

Hi folk,

at work I live into a NT-Style domain powered by samba 3.6.23. I am the admin but not the deployer: I am the ICT manager from July 3th only...

The upgrade to samba 4 is planned for 1Q18.

Here is my problem: I have to join some new PCs running Windows 10 to our domain. According to "Required setting for Samba NT4 domains" page on wiki, I perform the step described on the section "Joining windows 7 and later etc etc".

After reboot I continue to be not able to join domain and Windows return this error: "Unable to contact an Active Directory domain controller for the domain "MIODOMINIO"" (this is translated from italian by me, I am not sure it is the original english message).

On LDAP I created an entry for each of the new PCs

On windows side, settings for TCP/IP v4 are:

DNS server address is set to server running samba (that resolves correctly the names, intranet and Internet ones)

WINS server address is set to server running samba; on linux runs nmbd, of course.

NetBIOS setting is set on "enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP".

Where I am wrong?

Thanks for any suggest

Giovanni