Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [samba] file server, AD client, no rfc2307

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 08:36:51 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will have a look at the provision code for the Samba DC to see what
> it actually does when you use '--use-rfc2307', if it just adds
> 'ypServ30.ldif', I will setup a test domain without '--use-rfc2307'
> and see what happens ;-)
>
> Rowland

OK, '--use-rfc2307' adds 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes' to smb.conf on
the DC and then adds 'ypServ30.ldif'. As far as I am aware, nothing
actually uses anything in 'ypServ30.ldif'.

I will set up a new domain and see what happens.