Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Access to sharing by hostname but not by its IP

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 09:22:12 +0200
Marc-Henri Pamiseux via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I posted on the Samba list because the ID using //RHEA works but not
> with //192.168.1.2. So, it seemed to me that my problem was related to
> Samba. Your remark questions me.
> After reflection, if //RHEA did not work, it would be a problem
> related to Samba. As soon as I query the IP address this is no longer
> the case. Yet there is still the SMB protocol in this exchange?
> The logs testify to me.
> Is there a diagram explaining how the identification process works?
> Thanks you again :)

Your problem may be being caused by a DNS problem, but then again it
might not. You have chosen to use sssd instead of winbind and as such
have broken the Samba stack, I repeat, please go and ask on the
sssd-mailing list.