Re: [Samba] no results from getent
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:38:55 +0100
- From: Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] no results from getent
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 16:21:02 -0400
Sonic via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Cybulski, Adam M via samba
> <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I added
> > winbind enum users = yes
> > winbind enum groups = yes
> I was having some issues with getent as well. No problems with wbinfo
> as it showed all users and groups but getent did not show domain users
> and groups unless the smb.conf contained:
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
> Problem was consistent with both a PDC and an AD.
> I think it might have something to do with my choice of backend. I
> choose idmap_rid due to the fact that the uid/gid's would remain
> consistent for multiple file servers (maybe there's a better choice).
> Both typical tests for getent:
> getent passwd myusername
> getent group "Domain Users"
> simply failed to work with the enumeration enabled.
> Oddly enough files created by the users appeared just fine - properly
> identified by user and group.
> Then I discovered by prepending the domain to the getent requests
> there was success:
> getent passwd MYDOMAIN\\myusername
> getent group MYDOMAIN\\"Domain Users"
> Not sure whether or not it's a bug or intended behavior. And it's not
> clear that this should for whatever reason be self-explanatory (if so,
> it wasn't).
Unless you have 'winbind use default domain = yes' in smb.conf, that is
the expected behaviour.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the